Rallies to Stop Oil Drilling @GullahGeechee
The current US administration is attempting to overturn the the removal of the east coast from oil exploration and drilling. The Gullah/Geechee Nation is calling on all of our citizens and supporters to stand with us and our environmental partners as we rally to #StoptheDrill and the use of seismic guns off of our coastline!
You can come stand with us by:
- Submitting a letter to the Bureau of Oceans Energy Management (BOEM) before March 9, 2017. Go here for details: https://gullahgeecheenation.com/2018/01/08/stopthedrill-gullahgeechee/
- Submitting opposition comments here: https://www.protectourcoastnow.com/?utm_campaign=p-SELC_OCDPAE&utm_content&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=soc
- Boarding one of the buses departing South Carolina to head to the rally in Columbia, SC and to the BOEM meetings being held. The rally at the South Carolina State House will be held at 11 am on Tuesday, February 13, 2018. That afternoon environmental leaders fighting against this issue will speak at the Double Tree Hotel where the BOEM public comment session will also be held from 3 to 7 pm.
Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation (www.QueenQuet.com) and Founder of the Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition (www.GullahGeechee.net) continues to stand up in opposition to seismic gun use and oil drilling!
Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation (www.QueenQuet.com) will be one of the speakers of the day. Sign up here for a FREE ride to Columbia from either Beaufort, Charleston, or Georgetown Counties: http://www.coastalconservationleague.org/offshore-drilling-rally-shuttle-thank/
- Boarding the bus leaving the Outer Banks in NC for the rally in Raleigh on February 26, 2018. To register go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/386612448466773/
- Plan to attend the BOEM “open meeting” in Atlanta, GA on Feb. 28 from 3-7pm at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel at One Hartsfield Centre Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30354. (404) 209-9999
- Stand up for the amendment to the Florida Constitution which will ban oil drilling forever. on February 19, 2018. Get more details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/194797641107958/
This exploration will not bring life to our coast. It will only kill. So, hunnuh need fa stand wid de #GullahGeechee and #StoptheDrill!
- Posted in: Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation ♦ Environmental Justice ♦ Gullah/Geechee Events ♦ Gullah/Geechee Fishing Association ♦ Gullah/Geechee Land Ownership & Rights ♦ Gullah/Geechee Ourstory ♦ Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio Education Links ♦ Gullah/Geechee TV Educational Links ♦ Human Rights ♦ Queen Quet ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: BOEM, Columbia, environment, environmental justice, environmentalism, Geechee, Gullah, gullah geechee nation, NC, oil drilling, petition, protest, public hearing, Queen Quet, Raleigh, rally, SC, Sea Islands, seismic airguns