Queen Quet and the Gullah/Geechee Nation on International TV!
CNN International’s “Inside Africa” spent a few days in the Gullah/Geechee Nation documenting the history, heritage, and culture and the connections to Africa. Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation, Minister of Information Elder Carlie Towne, Minister of Protocol Elder Lesa Wineglass-Smalls, sweetgrass basket maker, Elder Vera Manigault, De Gullah Cunneckshun, and Gullah/Geechee Fishing Association members Ricky Wright, Captain Legree, and Ed Atkins all took part in presenting ourstory.
This feature aired beginning on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 12:30 pm EST and also aired on:
- Posted in: Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation ♦ Gullah/Geechee Foodways ♦ Gullah/Geechee Music ♦ Gullah/Geechee Ourstory ♦ Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio Education Links ♦ Gullah/Geechee TV Educational Links ♦ Queen Quet ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: Baron Ambrosia, Bronx Flavor, CNN International, culture, Geechee, Gullah, Gullah/Geechee culinary arts, Gullah/Geechee foodways, Gullah/Geechee Nation, heritage, history, Inside Africa, language, Queen Quet, spirituals, Sullivan's Island, sweetgrass basketry
- Queen Quet and the Gullah/Geechee Nation on International TV! « An Afroetic Narrative
- Disya Who WEBE: Gullah/Geechee Foundations of Black History at the St. Helena Branch Library « Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Gullah/Geechee from Beaufort County to the Boogie Down Bronx! | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Gullah/Geechee Fishing Association Celebrates 5 Years at Penn Center, Inc. | Gullah/Geechee Nation
Reblogged this on Beaufort County Historical Resources Consortium.
so glad to see this. caught by chance. love this area. near hunting island.