Queen Quet Releases Gullah/Geechee Novel Duet
Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation (www.QueenQuet.com) has authored 16 books that have been published. This includes her latest releases that premiered at Barnes & Nobles during the “Gullah/Geechee Holy Days Celebration 2019.” Queen Quet has made ourstory, herstory, and history by releasing two novels at the same time and by being a native Gullah/Geechee to release novels that include the Gullah/Geechee language.
“We Journey” and “Gwine Home” are both Gullah/Geechee family sagas set on the Sea Islands. Youths in both books learn their culture and their family stories from the elders in their families while also alerting their family members to the environmental changes happening around them. From battling climate change and sea level rise to hurricanes and destructionment, these two novels bring out how native Gullah/Geechees that are holding onto their land come together to face these issues that continue to encroach on the sustainability of the Gullah/Geechee Nation.
Queen Quet says to the many native Gullah/Geechees living around the world,
“E time fa we tek we journey and gwine home!”
If you can’t get to the Sea Islands, these two novels will bring the Gullah/Geechee culture to you. So, gwine ta www.GullahGeechee.biz or to one of these special booksignings fa git alltwo!
Come out to these #GullahGeechee2020 events for special readings from “We Journey” and “Gwine Home”:
• Saturday, February 22, 2020 from Noon to 3 pm at the Jekyll Island Convention Center
Git hunnuh pass ya: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/de-artistry-of-gullahgeechee-tickets-87235717379
• Saturday, February 29 from Noon to 3 pm at Gullah/Geechee Famlee Day at de Gullah Museum een Georgetown, SC
Git hunnuh pass ya: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gullahgeechee-famlee-day-at-de-gullah-museum-een-georgetown-tickets-87239027279
• Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at 6 pm at Penn Center on St. Helena Island, SC hosted by the Friends of Charlotte Forten Book Club
Git hunnuh pass ya: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/queen-quet-gullahgeechee-book-signing-at-charlotte-forten-book-club-tickets-87241284029
• Saturday, March 14, 2020 at Fresh Future Farms in North Charleston, SC during the 1st Gullah/Geechee Herbal Gathering
Regista ya: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-first-gullah-geechee-herbal-gathering-tickets-78701818257
• Friday, March 20, 2020 Noon to 2 pm at the South Carolina State Library in Columbia, SC
Git hunnuh pass ya: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/queen-quet-gullahgeechee-novel-duet-author-talk-book-signing-tickets-87244299047
• Wednesday, March 26 at 6 pm at the Gibbes Museum of Art in Charleston, SC
Register here: http://www.gibbesmuseum.org/programs-events/the-resilience-of-coastal-communities-preserving-culture-environment-and-craft/484
• Saturday, June 6, 2020 at Juneteenth at de Jepson in Savannah, GA
• Thursday, June 18, 2020 at De Colleton County Memorial Library in Walterboro, SC
Git hunnuh pass ya: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/celebratin-who-webe-20-years-of-queen-quet-bringin-gullahgeechee-tickets-87286910499
- Posted in: Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation ♦ Gullah/Geechee Books ♦ Gullah/Geechee Events ♦ Gullah/Geechee Land Ownership & Rights ♦ Gullah/Geechee Language and Linguistics ♦ Gullah/Geechee Ourstory ♦ Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio Education Links ♦ Gullah/Geechee TV Educational Links ♦ Queen Quet ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: book signing, books, Charleston, Columbia, events, Geechee, Georgetown, Georgia, Gullah, gullah geechee nation, Gwine Home, Jekyll Island, North Charleston, novels, Queen Quet, Savannah, SC, South Carolina, St. Helena, We Journey