Gullah/Geechee Nation Leaders CREATE
Representative Glenda Simmons-Jenkins and Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation are now a part of the CREATE Initiative. With the by-line, “Engage to change.” the CREATE Initiative advances research and education at the intersection of water and equity through community engagement, interdisciplinary scholarship, and graduate training.
Funded by the University of Minnesota’s Grand Challenges Research Initiative, the CREATE Initiative addresses real world problems that matter to society at the nexus of ensuring clean water and fostering just and equitable communities.
- Posted in: Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation ♦ Environmental Justice ♦ Gullah/Geechee Fishing Association ♦ Gullah/Geechee Land Ownership & Rights ♦ Gullah/Geechee Ourstory ♦ Queen Quet ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: community engagement, CREATE Initiative, education, equity, fellowship, Glenda Simmons-Jenkins, Queen Quet, University of Minnesota, water rights
- Queen Quet of the Gullah/Geechee Nation Embarks on World Tour from Queen City to Queen’s Park | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- De @GullahGeechee een Nassau County: Reframing Who WEBE | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- De Gullah/Geechee pun St. Helena Island via www.SaintHelenaGullahGeechee.com | Gullah/Geechee Nation
Many thanks for your hardwork Queen Quet. I’m delighted of all your activities and also to reveal to you that we’re carrying on grass root justice work. We’re carrying on Mediation in three county. Queen, I’m appealing to you for any little grant to buttress our works. It’s my fervent hope and prayer as you study and understand the plight of the needy.