Jayn de #GullahGeechee Famlee fa @GullahGeechee Nation Appreciation Week 2019!
Praise GAWD e time fa “Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week! E dun git ta be a septenary since disya bin da gwine on. E bless up fa tru!
Webe Healin de Land and Holdin pun de Culcha disya year. Da duh de theme wha ebeebodee from North Carolina ta Georgia da jayn een togedda. Ting start Satdee, July 27, 2019 at Noon and gwine on tru Sundee, August 4th. Disya gwine hep hunnuh kno wha da gwine on, but fa mo falla @GullahGeechee pun Twitter and Instagran and www.GullahGeecheeNation.com.
Disya celebration truly bout self-determination, ujimaa, and ujamaa. We call pun ebee Gullah/Geechee Famlee fa men sho e tek de week fa tune een and sun from www.GullahGeechee.tv and support de tings wha een ya wha hunnuh wine see. Da whey hunnuh kin link up wid de oda res ob who webe and crak hunnuh teen een Gullah/Geechee.
Disya de week fa hunnuh tro on hunnuh Gullah/Geechee gear and wave hunnuh flag hiya den hunnuh eba dun do. Cuz all a disya bout hunnuh fa tru. Ef hunnuh ain got nuttin yet, gwine ta www.GullahGeechee.biz fa git readee.
Fa all hunnuh chillun wha gwine support disya, Tenki Tenki!
Happy Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week fa allawe!
Founder, Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition
Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation
View de schedule fa #GullahGeechee Nation Appreciation Week riycha:
Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week 2019
July 27-August 4, 2019
July 27 Noon to 4 pm Gullah/Geechee Famlee Day at Mosquito Beach
July 28th Worship with de Gullah/Geechee Famlee
July 29th Support Gullah/Geechee Owned and Operated Businesses
July 30th Tour Sullivan’s Island and Charleston, SC and at 6:30 pm Gather at Charleston County Council for Proclamation
July 31st Support the Lisa Gilyard-Rivers art exhibition at the York W. Bailey Museum of Penn Center and visit the Reconstruction Era National Monument in Beaufort and on St. Helena Island, SC
August 1st at 5 pm Tru de Eyes of de Gullah/Geechee: Plantations of the Lowcountry presentation by Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation
RSVP required at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tru-de-eyes-of-de-gullahgeechee-plantations-of-de-lowcountry-tickets-64976830449 or www.MorrisHeritageCenter.org
August 2 Take Dayclean Journeys Tour of Savannah, GA and Coastal GA www.DayCleanJourneys.com
August 2 & 3 SC Rural & Limited Resource Landowner Symposium sponsored by the Center for Heirs Property Preservation www.heirsproperty.org
August 2 12:30 pm Gullah/Geechee Block Party and Oyster Reef Rebuild at Mosquito Beach, SC
August 4 at 3 pm Celebrating 400 Years of History Dinner at Scott’s Grand in North Charleston, SC
Fa mo updates and ting bout wha gwine on falla www.gullahgeecheenation.com
or @GullahGeechee on Twitter and Instagram.
Keep up with events on a weekly basis by following @GullahGeechee and
- Posted in: Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation ♦ Gullah/Geechee Businesses and Industries ♦ Gullah/Geechee Events ♦ Gullah/Geechee Ourstory ♦ Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio Education Links ♦ Gullah/Geechee TV Educational Links ♦ Queen Quet ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: celebration, cultural heritage, events, Geechee, Gullah, gullah geechee nation, Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week, Queen Quet
- Williamsburg County Proclaims Its 1st Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week! | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Beaufort County Proclaims Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week 2019 | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Pre-Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week Events | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Supportin #GullahGeechee Artistry | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Queen’s Chronicle: Healin #GullahGeechee Land & Holdin pun de Culcha | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- #GullahGeechee Appreciation Final Day at the Destiny Café | Gullah/Geechee Nation
Is this a private event, or open to the public. I would love to attend the event, but do not want to intrude if it is for a private party. I appreciate your history and had the privilege to speak with a women a few years ago, she was making baskets, and had them for sale. If it is private, I wish you a blessed beautiful day. And if it’s open to everyone, well I’d be honored to attend. Thank you so very much.
The events are published publicly because they are public. Go to the links for tickets and registrations.