Gullah/Geechee Nation International Music & Movement Festival™ 2018: Disya da Gullah/Geechee
Jayn we fa de 13th Annual
Gullah/Geechee Nation International Music & Movement Festival™
August 3-5, 2018
Charleston, SC in the Gullah/Geechee Nation
• Gullah/Geechee Tours on Your Own
• Private VIP Welcoming Reception for VIP Ticket Holders
Saturday-Charleston Music Hall Noon to 6 pm
• Gullah/Geechee Reunion Day
Gullah/Geechee craft, musical, dramatic, and storytelling presentations by native Gullah/Geechee artists including
the sweetgrass artistry of Anastatia Ketchen and Gregory Grant
the cast of “Gullah/Geechee Knows Emmanuel”
Bajan poet and dramatic artist, Winston Farrell
Meet and greet luncheon by Chucktown Mobile &
Chef Benjamin Dennis
with featured artist, Quadré Stuckey
Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation (www.QueenQuet.com)
• Sea Island Sunset VIP Party with a Purpose Cruise
This closing VIP party will take place on a private charter cruise on the Charleston Harbor.
• Worship with local congregations including Emanuel AME.
• 2 pm Closing drumming ceremony and community reception at the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry. Bring hunnuh drums, tambourines, and stamping sticks and shout wid we!
Purchase your passes in advance.
Gullah/Geechee cuisine included with each pass:
Email GullGeeCo@aol.com for group rates for 10 or more people.
All rates will be higher at the door.
VIP passes are only available online in advance.
The Hampton Inn Charleston Historic District is the official hotel for the “Gullah/Geechee Nation International Music & Movement Festival™” once again! Gwine ya fa book hunnuh room:
If you would rather make reservations by telephone, call 800-HAMPTON or 843-723-4000. Give the reservationist the group code GGN so you will receive the festival discount.
You can then walk out of the doors of your hotel right down the block to the Charleston Music Hall for the main event!
See hunnuh een Chucktown!
Disya sponsa by GAWD
• Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition
• Gullah/Geechee Angel Network
• Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Committee of Northeast FL
• Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Department of Public Health
• Audubon South Carolina