Queen Quet of the Gullah/Geechee Nation Stands for the Ocean at the United Nations
The United Nations will bring together heads of states, government officials and other high level delegates, representatives from civil society organizations, the business community, intergovernmental and UN agencies as well as renowned personalities, and other ocean & marine life advocates at the Ocean Conference on 5 to 9 June to spur action to improve the state of the world’s oceans. Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation (www.QueenQuet.com) will be one of the world leaders present at the event.
World Environment Day: http://worldenvironmentday.global/
World Oceans Day: http://www.un.org/en/events/oceansday/
Support Queen Quet‘s on-going work by joining the Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition: www.gullahgeechee.net
Contribute to the “Gullah/Geechee Land & Legacy Fund:” which assist with making sure these journeys are possible to insure that the Gullah/Geechee Nation is represented:
- Posted in: Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation ♦ Environmental Justice ♦ Gullah/Geechee Events ♦ Gullah/Geechee Fishing Association ♦ Gullah/Geechee Land Ownership & Rights ♦ Gullah/Geechee Ourstory ♦ Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio Education Links ♦ Gullah/Geechee TV Educational Links ♦ Human Rights ♦ Queen Quet ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: climate change, climate science, Geechee, Gullah, Gullah/Geechee Nation, human rights, oceans, Oceans Conference, Queen Quet, SDGs, Sea Islands, sustainable development goals, United Nations, water rights, waterways
- Sea Level Rise and Jurisdictional Lines on Gullah/Geechee Shorelines | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Gullah/Geechee Queen Quet Gwine Back ta de UN | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Queen Quet: Queen of Islands and Water Champion | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Hunnuh Know E Shark Week! | Gullah/Geechee Nation
Queen Quet, our hearts are with you all over the world. Keep up your strong work!! Much love from Taiwan.
Tenki Tenki Taiwan Famlee!