Hilton Head Island Proclaims Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week!
For the second year in a row, the Town of Hilton Head in the Gullah/Geechee Nation has proclaimed “Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week.” They have now joined the ranks of Georgetown and Beaufort Counties for 2014. The week of celebration will take place July 28-August, 3, 2014 and will culminate with the “Gullah/Geechee Nation International Music & Movement Festival™” www.gullahgeechee.info. Cum fa jayn de Gullah/Geechee famlee!
Tune in to the 2013 “Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week” proclamations including the one from the Town of Hilton Head:
- Posted in: Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation ♦ Gullah/Geechee Events ♦ Gullah/Geechee Ourstory ♦ Gullah/Geechee Riddim Radio Education Links ♦ Gullah/Geechee TV Educational Links ♦ Queen Quet ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: Beaufort County, Black history, celebration, Geechee, Gullah, Gullah/Geechee Nation, Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week, Gullah/Geechee Nation International Music & Movement Festival, Hilton Head Island, historic sites, Queen Quet, SC, Sea Islands
- Port Royal Proclaims Gullah/Geechee Nation Appreciation Week | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- Charlie Simmons, Sr. Gullah/Geechee of Hilton Head is Honored with Bridge Renaming | Gullah/Geechee Nation
- 150 Years Waiting on 40 Acres and a Mule: Sherman and the Sea Islands of the Gullah/Geechee | Gullah/Geechee Nation
Reblogged this on Beaufort County Historical Resources Consortium.